Good morning writers,
I hope you are amazing!
I also hope that you are writing down your writing goals for the week ahead. I find that when I have my plans or goals written out in a list I tend to stick to them and actually make them much more than when I say, “I’ll write whatever whenever I have time.”
That’s why for me #NaNoWriMo is so great. I always get an entire novel drafted. It pushes me to stick to daily word count goals.
Here are some quick and easy tips to make those writing goals work for you so you will accomplish more and get that draft done faster.
- Make daily goals-this can be word count or page count or scenes, whatever you need. Write them down somewhere that you can see them.
- Get an accountability partner to check in with. You don’t have to check-in everyday-there are no rules but whatever you want just check-in.
- Make the goals fun. Maybe you meet with your partner at a coffee shop every day for an hour, maybe you chat on the phone or via social media. Mix it up and have fun.
- Cross them off as you do them-this is like getting a star in school-just feels good.
Now for some don’ts.
- Don’t edit your writing as you go
- Don’t compare yourself to other writers you see on social media
- Don’t beat yourself up if you don’t make the daily goal–today is a new day.
I hope this is helpful and that you all have a very productive week!!
BONUS for reading. I have created a writers GOAL sheet JUST for you and it’s FREE!!!
You can get it here, make as many copies as you want, hang it up so you can see it and check off those goals as you make them!
BTW I’m taking a holiday with my husband for our first wedding anniversary AND we are moving apartments this month so I may post less than normal but you can find me on social media and I hope you join the STORY CONCIERGE FB group!