First of all, I apologize for taking some time off from this blog. As many of you know, I am in the process of creating my signature online course STORY CONCIERGE and several mini-courses that will be budget-friendly and take less time to complete as we are all so busy and a lot of us don’t have a ton of money to spend on courses.
This said, I am rolling everything over to my course platform KAJABI and even this blog will roll over, so please be patient with me.
I also started a YouTube channel this summer and am taking the month of October off as life has gotten so busy and if you follow me on social media, you know that we are also moving apartments AND jetting over the Pacific Ocean to enjoy our one year anniversary in Hawaii.
There are no enough hours in the day.
SOOOOO I am doing #NaNoWriMo as I have done it every year since 2006 and one year when it first started before that. I love it.
I am going to be posting weekly videos AND FB lives AND Instagram stories all November giving support, tips, insights, and anything else that YOU need to have a successful month.
You may add me as a buddy at https://nanowrimo.org/ I am stephnewyork
Here are some quick and easy tips!!
- Be open to whatever story you are writing–meaning–just be free and free write
- Don’t edit–just write
- Make a schedule. Usually, during NaNo I set aside a couple hours every month to write BEFORE I do anything else. Well, maybe you can’t do that but try to schedule this in–you will be more likely to do it if it’s on your calendar.
- Make a daily word count goal.
- Aim to finish before the end of the month so you have time to spare.
- Do NOT compare yourself to others
- Don’t expect this to be perfect right out of the gate.
- Don’t outline in October—I find those who do this often fail because they are trying to stick to an idea, whereas it’s better to just write. If you must outline, just do it as simple as possible as a guide, not a detailed map.
- Do go to write-ins online and in-person with other writers.
- HAVE FUN!!
Here is a FREEBIE—a goal sheet download for writers-—this can be so helpful for NaNoWriMo or any of your writing goals WRITER GOAL SHEET DOWNLOAD
Happy Writing xo
BTW I’m taking October off from this blog as well but you can find me on social media
Join the STORY CONCIERGE Free FB group https://www.facebook.com/groups/StoryConcierge/